Your gift provides critical funding to DSM to continue its proud 80-year legacy of presenting and promoting excellence in live musical theater at historic Fair Park. In addition to onstage performances, your donation supports DSM’s multi-generational, education and community outreach initiatives that serve more than 155,000 people in 100+ zip codes in collaboration with more than 100 partner organizations in North Texas. Specifically, through your philanthropy:
- DSM, in partnership with Broadway Across America, will continue to present the best of Broadway year-round to diverse audiences of all ages.
- In student education, this coming year, DSM will provide virtual programming to 125,000 Dallas ISD students and 100 of their teachers, sparking curiosity, joy and innovative thinking in the classroom.
- Honoring the artistic talents of our youth, more than 5,000 students have the chance to participate each year through DSM’s High School Musical Theatre Awards and celebrate with their own version of the Tony Awards each spring.
- Providing a voice to local, regional and national Black artists, DSM produces a weekly video series entitled Black Art Matters. The series showcases their art and experiences, how one shapes the other, and how Black identity is viewed and portrayed in the arts community.
- Through DSM Cares, and in partnership with CitySquare, DSM deploys volunteers weekly to help close to 6,000 families in need.