To access and complete the forms below, you will need the required password provided to you.
Click here if you need this again.
2018 SCHOLARSHIP GUIDELINES
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD GUIDELINES
Dallas Summer Musicals will be awarding scholarships of at least $1,000 to outstanding participating students of the DSM High School Musical Theatre Awards. All participating schools will be provided with scholarship guidelines and applications for their students to submit.
The scholarship committee, comprised of DSM administrative and education staff, board members, and community leaders, thoroughly reviews all the applications and select the recipients. The scholarship recipients are announced the evening of the awards ceremony, Thursday, May 17, 2018.
To qualify for the DSM High School Musical Theatre Awards Scholarship Program, students:
- Must have participated in their school’s musical entered in this year’s DSM Awards. Candidates are required to attend the awards show and must confirm their attendance in advance.
- Must be a graduating senior
- Must plan to major in theatre, music, dance, arts administration or theatre/music/dance education in college (unless being nominated for an Ambassador Scholarship)
- Must maintain a “B” average or above in all areas of academic study
- Must have participated in theatrical activities throughout the majority of their high school career
- Must be nominated by their teacher, counselor or principal
Please attach the following to this application. Applications must be typed. Incomplete applications will not be accepted:
- Academic Record: Copy of student transcript or academic record (Redact student SS#)
- Student Essay: In 500 words or less, describe what the performing arts means to you and why you want to pursue this area of study in your college education.
- Teacher Recommendation: In 500 words or less, describe the student’s participation in school and/or extra-curricular theatre activities.
- Proof of Acceptance to a College or University: Copy of an acceptance letter or other proof of acceptance to an institution of higher learning in the coming year.
DSM High School Musical Theatre Awards Scholarship Applications
must be received by
Friday, February 16, 2018 at 5:00pm.
All applications must be typed. Forms submitted on line at link above.
For more information, click here or call 214.413.3951