The 2nd Annual DSM Community Performance is a community access program and an effort to support a new tradition, piloted in 2016 with great success, to offer a special musical theater performance each year and make all 3,400 seats in the Music Hall at Fair Park open and accessible to the public free of charge to engage families and students in the community. The DSM Community Performance is an ongoing investment in community collaboration and partnerships, volunteerism, experimenting with pre-show learning and art activities to enhance patrons’ experiences, and community access.
- Create subsidized access for up to 3,400 local students and educators, primarily from Dallas ISD, to experience a Broadway musical theater show at the Music Hall at Fair Park; many for the first time.
- Pilot a school day/field trip performance at the Music Hall at Fair Park to understand interest and to inform future season scheduling
- Deepen partnership with Dallas ISD
- Engage corporate sponsor and community volunteers to deliver Community Performance
- Capture select participants (i.e. photographs, brief interviews, etc.)
Program Dates for 2016-17 Season:
- STOMP – Friday, February 17, 2017 – Morning Performance (date subject to change)