Posted on December 18th, 2008
Sing along to Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious in the annual Walt Disney World Christmas Parade. MARY POPPINS National Tour stars Ashley Brown and Gavin Lee will perform the classic tongue-twister on Main Street, U.S.A. along with hundreds of dancers.
Here are some interesting fun facts regarding our appearance:
• Ashley and Gavin will be joined by Neil McCaffrey (“Michael Banks”), Cassady Leonard (“Jane Banks”), 20 “cast members” who perform at the Walt Disney World Resort, AND 450 kids from dance groups representing 35 states—and even Canada.
• The group that traveled the furthest was from Washington state and they traveled over 3000 miles.
• They rehearsed separately for over two months and practiced together for over 15 hours onsite.
• It was not until the morning of the Christmas Show taping that all 465 performers (MP cast, WDW cast, and 450 Cheer kids) actually danced together for the first time!
• Our segment was the largest production ever staged in the 25 year history of the parade broadcast!
• The production filled the entire length of Main Street U.S.A.–360 feet!!
The Parade will also feature performances by Miley Cyrus (“Hannah Montana”), the Jonas Brothers and Corbin Bleu (“High School Musical”).
Gather the family, and tune in to ABC on Thursday, December 25 at 10am EST/9am CST (check local listings).
With sugarplum thoughts and wishes…